Constructive Linguistics 101: Engelang
|From:||Sai Emrys <sai@...>|
|Date:||Wednesday, October 4, 2006, 8:09|
This is for the engelang in the _Constructive Linguistics 101_ book.
The purpose of this language is:
* to show a engineered, purpose-driven approach to conlanging
* to display major innovation in language tech, and be an example of
how to break the preconceptions of how language can work
* to still be comprehensible to our poor readers
On the meta level, this language needs to:
* have a clear story to be told, from conception to fruition
* have a clear development cycle to be explored in the textbook
* demonstrate revisions and updates over time, but in a way that still
emphasizes a coherent storyline
If you want to participate, ping me and I'll send you an invite.