Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Mass/group/count noun terminology question

From:Muke Tever <hotblack@...>
Date:Friday, February 13, 2004, 18:15
E fésto Trebor Jung <treborjung@...>:
> Is there some way to refer to mass/group/count nouns collectively? It's > too long to write it all out a lot, so I was just wondering is there > some single word to describe this feature of nouns?
"mass" and "count" are grouped under "countability". "group" (collectives, I suppose) are sposta be a different feature, I think, though they could be probably referred to as 'variably countable', i.e. mass or count, depending. *Muke! -- E jer savne zarjé mas ne Se imné koone'f metha Brissve mé kolé adâ.