Poll by Email No. 23
|From:||Peter Clark <peter-clark@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, February 9, 2003, 21:11|
This week's poll question is brought to you by Dennis Himes, who wondered,
"Do you use a conlang for purposes you would otherwise use a natural language
for? e.g. writing notes to yourself, keeping a diary, praying?" I'm not going
to try to anticipate the different responses to this, so I'll keep it to a
simple "yes/no" and let you describe how you use it.
1. Reply to email@example.com with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Multiple votes will not
count, you cheater. Hedging answers will be pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 15 February, along with a new poll question.
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!