Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Looking for a term

From:Scotto Hlad <scott.hlad@...>
Date:Saturday, September 2, 2006, 7:27
Good morning,
I'm looking for a term to describe a particular form in an a priori language
I'm creating.

I plan to use verb aspects only. What I'd like to do is use the verb plus an
auxiliary word to create the verb in the appropriate aspect. This auxiliary
word will be specific enough to include the pronoun associated with it.

Here is an example

xyz= 1st person singluar ingressive

Xyw walk = I start to walk
Xyx walk= you start to walk
Xyz walk=he starts to walk.

Is there a linguistic term for this auxilary word to indicate person and
aspect? I have toyed with the idea of calling it the "aspectus"

Any suggestions?

Thank you.


taliesin the storyteller <taliesin-conlang@...>