Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: CPA - An ASCII-based phonetic alphabet

From:Boudewijn Rempt <boud@...>
Date:Sunday, November 18, 2001, 9:43
On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Herman Miller wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 14:19:06 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@...> > wrote: > > >On Saturday 17 November 2001 14:11, Lars Henrik Mathiesen wrote: > >> À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï > >> Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß > >> à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï > >> ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ > >> > > > >Yes - there it goes again. I've restored the two broken > >characters (Ê and à), and set the encoding to latin 1... > > That's odd: it looks fine in Agent, but in Mozilla with my other email > account the "ÿ" and everything after it is cut off, as if the message ends > with "þ"! I don't know whether it's Mozilla or something in the path > between the list and Corecomm that's corrupting it. >
In the meantime, I've tried reading all these unicode and Latin1 messages with a couple of other mua's, too. Evolution can't handle anything more complicated than ASCII, mainly because you can't choose a font other than courier. Pine cannot show Unicode, nor can XEmacs. Mozilla (latest daily build) shows the mail perfectly, if it hasn't gone through the listserver. I haven't figured out how to get mutt to work with my Mail folder. KMail shows everything like it arrives at my local sendmail... I have just killed the last Windows 2000 partition in the house, so I can't check it with any Windows mua, but I wasn't surprised to hear that Outlook 2000 makes life difficult, just annoyed. I do think the best bet would be for Lars to carry out his suggestion, and badger the listserv 'developers' to fix the bug! -- Boudewijn Rempt |