Poll by Email No. 12.9
|From:||Peter Clark <peter-clark@...>|
|Date:||Saturday, June 1, 2002, 23:36|
This week's poll is a two-parter. The first question relates to a recent
thread: What was the most extreme (negative) reaction you have received from
another person when they discovered that you invent langauges?
A. I've never told any non-conlanger, so I've never gotten a reaction.
B. An uninterested "hmm..."
C. A suspicious "Oh, really???"
D. "That's stupid!"
E. "You're nuts!"
F. "You shouldn't do that!"
G. "Hello, operator? I need the number to the nearest insane asylum!"
And the second question is a simple yes/no question (easier on your humble
Poll Provider): Are you superstitious? (And in case you are wondering, I
really don't have a thing against the number 13; in fact, I really ought to
have asked this back in the fourth poll, but didn't think about it then.)
1. Reply to email@example.com with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Multiple votes will not
count, you cheater. Hedging answers will be pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 8 June, along with a new poll question.