Poll by Email No. 10
|From:||Peter Clark <peter-clark@...>|
|Date:||Monday, May 6, 2002, 14:46|
This week's poll question is brought to you by Jan van Steenbergen, who
asks, "How many conlangs did/do you create? Are they interrelated? On how
many languages do you work simultaneously?" Since doing more than two
questions in one poll takes too long, I will have to save the last question
for next week.
How many conlangs have you created (not including sketchlangs)?
A. None - I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike.
B. One - I'm a monogamous conlanger.
C. Two - I started with one, but...
D. Three to Five - I like to dally with a couple of different conlangs.
E. Six to Nine - It used to be just a hobby...
F. Ten to Fourteen - I can't stop!
G. Fifteen plus - I need to check myself into Conlanger's Anonymous.
Have you created related conlangs?
A. I have created dialectal forms.
B. I have created sister languages.
C. I have created mother/daughter languages.
D. I have created entire language families!
1. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Multiple votes will not
count, you cheater. Hedging answers will be pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 11 May, along with a new poll question.