Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

PHON: Xkanxey and a question

From:FFlores <fflores@...>
Date:Wednesday, December 1, 1999, 23:05
I wrote:

> In Xkanxey (<x> =3D retroflex s) there are three genders named after > "elements": air, water and earth.
Speaking of which, I'm going to change some things about Xkanxey. First of all I have to get rid of that horrible <x>. And then I'm going to suppress a couple of sounds: I can barely pronounce the unvoiced aspirated alveolar trill (least of all in clusters), and I'm tired of spitting my monitor when practising the sublaminal linguolabial trills (especially the aspirated one). How do you call a click that you produce with the tongue in position for /n^/ (Spanish <=F1>)? I understand that a palatal click is somehow different... --Pablo Flores