Matein Einlich - Revision
|From:||Pascal A. Kramm <pkramm@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, February 13, 2005, 12:21|
I've now revised my Matein Einlich :D
Most notably, I thought that "f->S" was too unnatural, so it now either
stays "f" if initial, or otherwise changes to "pf".
Below are the revised grammar and phonetic changes. The updated Babel text
etc. will be posted to the corresponding topics.
- The plural "-s/-es" got detached and turned into the particle "esh", which
is now placed before the word. It is not used when a specific amount is
given by a number.
- The genitive "'s" turned into the prefixed particle "as" ("asa" before
consonant). The "of"-construction is not used anymore for indicating
- Prepositions changed to Postpositions, often suffixed with a hyphen.
- The indefinite article died out, the definite article turned into the
suffixed particle "ti" ("i" after consonant). This definitive marker is also
used for forming the ordinal numbers and fractions from the cardinal numbers.
- Constructions with "do" are not used anymore, e.g. "Have you time?"
instead of "Do you have time?".
- Adverbs (-ly) are not marked anymore.
- Original plural personal pronouns died out. Those are now formed using the
plural marker "esh".
1st p. I->ej*->ech /EC/ eshej*/eshech
2nd p. you -> iu /i.u/ eshiu
3rd p. (m) he -> chi /Ci/ echi
3rd p. (f) she -> chia /Ci.a/ echia
3rd p. (n) it -> et /Et/ eshet
Mixed gender groups always use the (n) form.
* ej/eshej are outdated forms, hardly used anymore.
- Verbal endings got detached and are now particles placed before the verb.
This eliminated all irregular verbs.
- Tenses don't use any auxiliary verbs anymore, only the particles.
Present Past Pres. Perf. Past Perf. Futur1 Futur2
Particle: -- it isit itit ul ulit
from: -- -ed is+-ed -ed+-ed will will+-ed
Continuous Cont. Past Conditional Cond. Past Passive
Particle: ein einit ut utit + em-
from: -ing -ing+-ed would would+-ed am
Pascal A. Kramm, author of:
Ichwara Prana: http://www.choton.org/ichwara/
Advanced English: http://www.choton.org/ae/