Ebisedian tutorial: verbs, etc.
|From:||H. S. Teoh <hsteoh@...>|
|Date:||Tuesday, November 26, 2002, 20:14|
I've recently updated the Ebisedian tutorial, added more interesting
(hopefully) stuff about Ebisedian. Here's what's new:
- section 2.5: nominator sentences. Quite an important subject in
Ebisedian. (This one isn't *that* new, some of you may have seen this
- section 2.6: correlatives. This is a new section, but nothing ground-
breaking. At least, to those familiar with (Classical) Greek, this
should be pretty familiar.
- section 2.7: conjunctions. Nothing ground-breaking either; although
Ebisedian learners will want to take note of implicit conjunctions.
- And now the real stuff: chapter 3, All about Verbs!
- the first section in this chapter delves into great lengths about the
attributes of Ebisedian verbs.
- the second section talks about gerunds and participles. This section
still needs some work; currently it is a bit thin on material.
- Then there's also the beginnings of chapter 4, which talks about
subordinate passages. I haven't gotten to the bombshell in this chapter
yet, but anyway, you can see what's there already.
PS. I recently upgraded teTeX, and I suddenly realized that it had
overwritten my previous settings on Type-1 fonts. (I must've done it wrong
and put settings in internal teTeX files that I should instead put in my
local config file.) Which means that if you recently downloaded a copy of
the Ebisedian grammar, lexicon, or tutorial, you may have a bad PDF which
looks really ugly in Acrobat Reader.
This has been fixed; so if you're getting an eyesore, please do yourself a
favor and download the fixed Ebisedian PDFs:
(Ebisedian fans are hereby permitted to send fan mail and/or flames to me.
BREAKFAST.COM halted...Cereal Port Not Responding. --YHL