TECH: word and syllable generation, sound changes and text generation
|From:||Tony Jebson <jebbo@...>|
|Date:||Saturday, April 16, 2005, 19:42|
(My first post to this list!)
A few weeks ago, I started on a naming language for some fiction and
decided I needed a bit of automation in generating syllables and words.
As is usual, I got absorbed in the technology and now have a full blown
compiler and the start of a development environment!
The syntax I'm using can be seen at
Any comments on this gratefully accepted . . .
As for the state of things, the tool can:
- define which characters from the IPA are in the alphabet
- assign an ascii representation to each (primitive as of now!)
- generate syllables / words from rules as described in the link
- generate text from rules as described in the link
- no named variables yet, only $1 through $n (scope within a
- no lexicon yet, so generated word need writing down by hand :-(
- no syntax highlighting editor yet
- no wizards for automating the initial stages, though I've almost
one for generating number-systems
- the parser isn't very robust yet
- sound changes don't work yet
Anyway, in another few weeks, I'll post a binary but for now I'm just
after comments on the syntax.
--- Tony Jebson