Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

THEORY: Vibrant/tremulant?

From:Andreas Johansson <andjo@...>
Date:Sunday, July 15, 2007, 17:42
Would either of these be a correct or acceptable English term for a continuant
where the tongue tip vibrates, but unlike in  [r], does not strike the mouth
roof during the upstroke? Also, how should one indicate it in phonetic
transcription if one wanted to distinguish it from static apical approximants
and fricatives?



Kelly Drinkwater <mizunomi@...>