Week 14 Exercise
|From:||John L. Leland <countsirjehan@...>|
|Date:||Saturday, July 12, 2003, 15:49|
As usual, * indicates words created for this exercise.
1. That man just broke my chin.
Vese ba ze seba-ye *negoja wihefejo.
That man now my (adult m.) chin (undermouth) broke.
2. Now there's blood on my shirt.
Ze (or sewa-me) seba-ye *tebate-te bama.
Now (or thistime-in) my shirt (upperclothing)-on blood.
3. Of course, I can't say any of this, since I can only pronounce one vowel.
Seba hefejo-si *negoja-je hefe by *divarohla varo-ji, se kere vileha-me,
I broken jaw-by only one vowel (small speech sound) say-can this-from
seba sefe ha-fe he varo-ji,.
I these thing-pl. not say-can.
(This word order is heavily altered to fit the native se kere construction).
4. This has incited me to throw the man around the room.
Se ha seba *basadiha-*che ba *ralejo-gi *wibuvajo.
This thing me room (housepart)-around man throw-to incited.
(I am doubtful whether seba here should follow ha or follow -gi)
5. Of course, I am too weak to do so.
Vileha-me, seba fugehebifo-i se kere se ha he jo-gi-ji.
Truth-in I verymuchweak-adj. this thing-from this thing not do-to-can.
6. To the pain in my chin is added the pain of broken ribs.
Seba-ye negoja-me *hufova-de hefejo-si pebiroja-fe-ye hufova gejo-si.
My chin-in pain-to broken rib-pl.-of pain added-is.
7. I have faith, though, that I will be miraculously healed.
Seba *pele seba *tivu (or *tivaju) kufo-si-vi vivajo.
I though I miraculously heal-be-will believe.
8. By *myzawa-ve, Tivaba baka-fe *woboha-fe *newobo-mi-deke he *jokereko.
One (9 day) week-beyond, God-man people (m/f) fight-pl. losing-for not
very visibly seen-is.
9. Still, I meant no offense in likening his girlfriend to Regis Philbin.
*Vele, seba veba-ye *gifevaka Regisu Filibinu-de jelejomiha-je bivaroha jo-gi
Still, I his dearadultwomanfriend RegisPhilbin-to likening-by insult make-to
10. You'd think God would have some sympathy for that reason.
Feba se *reha kere Tivaba dufe kiva levajo-vi-*hli vajo-vi-*hli.
You this reason from Godman some sympathy understand-will-would