Poll by Email No. 29
|From:||Peter Clark <peter-clark@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, April 13, 2003, 19:27|
This week's poll is brought to you by Sally Caves, who asked: "How many of
you have invented a rich vocabulary of naughty words and erotica in your
Conlang? In other words, how transgressive are we in our imaginary
languages? You would think this medium would be perfect for the secret
insult, the private love-message, the erotic description that no one else
A. My conlanging is as pure as the driven snow.
B. I play around with some sexual or scatalogical material but I am generally
C. I have some marvelous obscenities that I would prefer not to share with
D. Not only do I have naughty language, I write erotica in my Conlang with
E. I'm a porn fiend in my conlang!
No examples required. :)
1. Reply to email@example.com with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Multiple votes will not
count, you cheater. Hedging answers will be pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 19 April, along with a new poll question.
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!