Re: New, yet unnamed experimental script
|From:||Damian Yerrick <tepples@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, March 27, 2005, 18:54|
"Sally Caves" <scaves@...> wrote:
> Then something must be wrong with my computer, because I still get the"Page
> Cannot Be Displayed" message after about fifteen minutes of trying to load
First of all, try a different web browser such as Mozilla Firefox.
The "page cannot be displayed" error message in Microsoft
Internet Explorer conflates several distinct errors:
* "DNS not responding" (could not look up server's IP address in DNS)
* "nxdomain" (no IP address associated to host name)
* "no route to host" (network down between you and server)
* "connection timeout" (server not responding)
* "connection refused" (server not running a web server)
Because IE gives the same error message for five distinct problems,
this just makes troubleshooting five times harder.