Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

What do you call this?

From:Steg Belsky <draqonfayir@...>
Date:Tuesday, July 29, 2003, 2:09

so i'm trying to get back to work on my long-neglected Rokbeigalmki
website, and i've run up to a problem.
I'm up to a point where i'm discussing the Subject-Tense complexes, but i
don't know what to call part of them.

What do you call a word like "yes" "no" and "maybe"?

As in, 'subject-tense complexes are made out of a pronoun, a tense vowel
or few, and an optional  _______'.

ex. AZIIZA'NYIH-  "i will not be (verb)-ing"

AZ = i
II = future
A = immediate
NYIH = negative

The things that can fit in the slot i need a name for are TIH (yes), NYIH
(no), and KIH (maybe); they're short forms of the equivalent independent
words TIHNG, NYENG, and KAANG.


-Stephen (Steg)
 "I wouldn't care about my spirits if my legs weren't so tired.
  Slugs are lucky not to have legs.  I think I'll be a slug."
     ~ 'watership down' by richard adams


John Cowan <cowan@...>