Poll by Email No. 2
|From:||Peter Clark <pc451@...>|
|Date:||Saturday, February 23, 2002, 21:32|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Encouraged by last week's enthusiastic response and excellent comments, Poll
by Email continues with another topic that all conlangers run into at one
point or another: auxlangs. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Let's have your vote:
A. Not only is auxlanging a good idea, but I believe that it's necessary and
beneficial. (Please state why.)
B. Auxlanging is a nice hobby, but I don't believe that the goals (better
communication, cultural neutrality, world peace, etc.) are reachable by means
of an auxlang.
C. Who needs an international auxiliary language when we have English?
D. Auxlangs are useless / idle curiousities / a waste of time /
1. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE LIST!
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Multiple votes will not
count, you cheater. Hedging answers will be pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 23 February, along with a new poll question.
Additionally, if anyone would like to propose a poll question, please do so!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----