[LCC] [Conlangs-Conf] LCC's future, new journal publication, etc
|From:||Sai Emrys <sai@...>|
|Date:||Thursday, November 9, 2006, 22:22|
[Note the change in subject prefix - I'll be using [LCC] from now on
Hello again everyone.
I'm thinking of expanding the Language Creation Conference into a
formal nonprofit foundation. It could be used as an umbrella
organization for anything that promotes conlanging.
One thing that I would want to use it for - other than being able to
continue receiving tax-deductible donations for the LCC - is to
publish a (quarterly?) journal. The sort with actual physical mailings
and subscribers, like any other academic / community journal. Content
1. original research or essays related to conlanging (the sort seen at the LCC);
2. somewhat less formal articles, eg as per Mark Rosenfelder's Model
3. reviews of particular conlangs & interviews with / profiles of
4. conlang or community related news or updates.
See http://saizai.livejournal.com/742243.html for more details on the
Please email me or leave a comment with your suggestions / comments.
Also, please contact me if you would be interested in:
* subscribing to the journal (I would ballpark a cost at $20-30/year)
* working on the journal (e.g. editing, fact checking, interviews,
reviews, publishing / mailing)
* writing for the journal (e.g. any of the parts listed above)
* helping with formal non-profit incorporation
P.S. Please forward this to all relevant communities; I will
cross-post to CONLANG and ZBB.