Theory on the evolution of Languages
|Date:||Wednesday, August 18, 2004, 10:37|
No offense. The following is simply a collection of clarifications.
1. I didn't say tenses or cases got any simpler or more complex, only that
they became more.
2. I said that when I say tenses, I also mean aspects of them.
3. Hungarian has a future construction. If the will-future is a tense,
this is too.
4. English also has the genitive. (This is Tim's ball.)
5. I meant to say that the tenses declined to three in Hungarian, not