Re: Conlang names?
|Date:||Friday, November 9, 2007, 17:24|
In a message dated 11/9/2007 10:35:23 AM Central Standard Time,
> > Lakojotisi - Pluto, the planet Pluto. [Etym: proper noun + nine + PLANET]
> Any plans to change the name? What about Ceres? "Proper noun +
> four-and-a-half - PLANET"?
Yeah, about that...
Saweli has a word "kiseblos" for dwarf planet. I haven't applied it to any
specific worlds yet.
While dwarf planets are not planets, they are still bodies orbiting the sun.
And while "kiseblos" looks like a subset of "kises" (planet), it isn't
really. The numerical order of these bodies from the sun has not changed, and Ceres
is still the smallest of the lot, thus somewhat justifying its continued
omission from the numerical list. I suppose Ceres could become the new fifth
planet-like body, and all the others would shift to one number higher.
Thus the Saweli names for the planets could be
1) kisedrasa - Mercury
2) kisedesa - Venus
3) kisedresa - Earth
4) kisedisa - Mars
5) kisedrisa - Ceres (currently Jupiter)
6) kisedosa - Jupiter (currently Saturn)
7) kisedrosa - Saturn (currently Uranus)
8) kisedusa - Uranus (currently Neptune)
9) kisedrusa - Neptune (currently Pluto)
10) kisedladradasa - Pluto (currently not used)
11) kisedladradrasa - Eris (currently not used)