Workshops Review #13
|From:||Isaac Penzev <isaacp@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, March 23, 2003, 18:34|
Dear friends, to your kind attentions I hereby present
REVIEW #13, the week from Mar 16 to Mar 22, 2003
Conlang authors are mentioned in [square brackets].
Amerind Conlangs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amerindconlangs
East Asian Conlangs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eastasianconlangs
16 msgs. Discussing projects: Hawali [Raven Silverwings]. Ubykh [natlang] as a
consonantal monster. Are there any langs with 0 vowels? Tok Pisin and/or
Bislama as potential IALs.
72 msgs. Almost a record. Top hit of the week (for the second week along).
- Jovian [Christian Thalmann],
- Fortunatian [Habarakhe Theophilus],
- Carrajena [Adam Walker] (alternative timeline available at
- Wenedyk [Jan van Steenbergen]
- How to call "Anjou" and "Carthage" in your conlang? Adapting proper names.
Latin adjectives at "-ensis".
- How to show vowels with macrons and brevs in html documents? Test page for
this at http://www.ogre.nu/text/char1.html . Html design: Unicode fonts (look
at http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html and/or
http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/wells/ipa-unicode.htm for IPA).
- Almost (?) off-topics: gemination mark in Arabic. Victorious Donatists --
alternative religious history.
The list was attacked by a spammer whose words may become an interesting
Horrible silence in the air since Feb 10. C'mon, guys!
West Asian Conlangs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/westasianconlangs
At last! Silence is broken by our good friend Theophilus who announced a site
about Guanche [natlang].
world is vile - make love,
"Estne in vino veritas? -- Non est, pater optime, sed in spiritu."