Re: Handwriting (was: Re: Moi, le Kou)
|From:||Steg Belsky <draqonfayir@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, January 14, 2001, 0:22|
On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:40:25 +0900 Yoon Ha Lee <yl112@...>
> Heh. I have tried and *tried* to draw "aleph" (for aleph-nought)
> and the
> wretched thing never looks right. When I look at Hebrew I always
> feel as
> though I'm missing a calligraphy pen or something to get the
> thin/thick strokes.
Just ignore the thin/thick strokes.
How to handwrite a "block" Alef:
1. Write a diagonal like this, but right-triangle-hypotenous style: \
2. Around one-third (or one-fourth) of the way from the bottom of the
line, draw a line going straight up.
3. Now draw a horizontal line going from the top of that line
*leftwards*. (don't hit the diagonal)
4. Around one-third (or one-fourth) of the way from the top of the line,
draw a line going straing down.
5. Now draw a horizontal line going from the top of that line
*rightwards*. (don't hit the diagonal)
Now, to write a handwriting script Alef, write:
(make sure you look at it with a non-serif'd font. it's just two simple
"Word making is world making."
~ _The Beginning of Desire: Reflections on Genesis_
by Avivah Zornberg