Re: CHAT: Magick (was ( Re: CHAT: "Nik"names :) (was Re: Middle Initials))
|From:||Steg Belsky <draqonfayir@...>|
|Date:||Monday, February 19, 2001, 18:33|
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:18:02 +0200 Dan Sulani <dnsulani@...>
> ObConlang: does anybody's conlang have a way of giving the
> feeling of
> "old, ancient" without coming right out and using adjectives? (In
> I can express "ancient" as a tense, for example, but it doesn't
> carry any
> "ancient flavor". )
> Dan Sulani-
In Rokbeigalmki there are a few things that you can do:
1. write in the morphemograph/wordsign system.
2. use stative verbs in their original "to be ____" meaning (instead of
'modern' "to become ____")
3. use the singular suffix _-n_ for concrete verbal nouns; use the plain
root without _-tzat_ for abstractions.
4. write in the Stylus alphabet
5. Use the singular construct-compound linker _o_
6. don't assimilate the agentive suffix _-dh_
Each of those things have the effect of using an 'older form' of the
language, even though if you mix and match them you may not get an actual
stage in the evolution.