Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Simplified/Traditional Hanzi Input

From:Isaac Penzev <isaacp@...>
Date:Monday, September 8, 2003, 14:15
I see there is no easy way for this :(

Herman Miller wrote:

> Well, if you have Windows 2000 or XP, you can use the Alt+X trick in > WordPad (type the Unicode number, then Alt+X to turn it into a character)
I have Win98 with RichEdit3.0 patch: it permits me to use Unicode in WordPad. But it's necessary to know the Unicode numbers!!!
> If you're using an IME to enter the text, I think there's a way to assign a > key to switch from one to the other, but I never learned how to use the > IME's. I use JWPce if I want to type Japanese, or Global Writer for > Chinese.
I use two versions of NJStar: one for Chinese, and one for Japanese. The NJS offers something for all CJK langs (NJS Communicator, IIRC), but it looks buggy. At least it spoils my Cyrillics.
> I imagine you could use the radical lookup in JWPce to insert > characters that you wouldn't normally be able to type.
Hmm. That may work. Anyway, it looks like it's easier to stick to one style (Simpl.Ch., Trad.Ch. or Jap.) If I have time, I'll try the first one. -- Yitzik