Need Advice on Syntax & Case System
|From:||Christian Thalmann <cinga@...>|
|Date:||Thursday, April 25, 2002, 19:15|
I have gone another step away from the IE commonplaces, and replaced
the classical Nominative-Accusative-Oblique system of Obrenje with
something entirely new.
It doesn't fit any of the existing case systems that I know of. I
have named my cases Nominative, Predicative and Objective.
- Do you find the description of the cases and their uses
comprehensible and/or intuitive?
- Can you think of situations where this case system would fail or
- Do you have a better suggestion for naming these cases?
The new case system has led me to re-write my syntax page to include
pronouns. Syntax is one of the most obscure branches of linguistics
to me, so I would appreciate the opinions of more seasons linguists
on this list. =P
- Do you find the description of the syntax comprehensible and/or
- Can you think of situations where this syntax system would fail
or produce chaos?
Thanx in advance...
-- Christian Thalmann