Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: THEORY: Re : THEORY: Semivowels

From:FFlores <fflores@...>
Date:Friday, September 10, 1999, 16:48
Herman Miller <hmiller@...> wrote:

> /snip/ The SAMPA symbol for > the turned h is [H]. In my KPA notation I use [y"] for this sound (which > occurs in Kirezagi and a few other of my languages).
I'm using [^] to mark palatal(ized) consonants in my "personal IPA" for my 600-year-in-the-future descendent of Spanish, so I have [t^ d^ l^] etc. And just to make it parallel, I use [w^] for the rounded palatal semivowel. In actual spelling it doesn't appear; <b'> or sometimes <v> is read like this when syllable-final. --Pablo Flores