Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: German voice: dative -> nominative: name?

From:Racsko Tamas <tracsko@...>
Date:Tuesday, May 4, 2004, 10:18
On 3 May 2004 Henrik Theiling <theiling@...> wrote:

> I'd like to know the name of what I'd call a voice in German promoting > the dative argument to nominative and demoting the original nominative > to oblique. The voice is formed with the auxiliaries 'kriegen' > (colloquial) and 'bekommen' (formal, possibly w/ limited > availability):
I've found the following in G Helbig - J Buscha "Deutsche Grammatik": It's name "construction with _bekommen / erhalten / kriegen_ + Participle II [=Past Participle] (Subject in nominative = Addressee, it's called also >>Adressatenpassive<< [=Passive of the Addressee],
>>Rezipientenpassiv<< [=Passive of the Recipient] or >>indirektes
Passiv<< [=indi2ect Passive])"