Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: CHAT: General Question

From:Roger Mills <romilly@...>
Date:Thursday, March 22, 2001, 6:50
I'm Roger Mills, sometime professional linguist, long retired; also gay
though gracefully pushing 67 aargh (there's this portrait in the attic...).
Formerly quite fluent in Spanish and Indonesian, moderately so in Italian.
Reading (mostly research stuff) in Dutch, German, French and Portuguese.
Long-lost Sanskrit and Latin.  Mind crammed full of bits and pieces of data
in lots of regional langs. of the Philippines and (mostly) Indonesia.  Just
one real conlang, Kash, but a sketch of a second one, Gwr-- these are spoken
on a distant planet.

Musical tastes: all serious music from Perotin to Pärt, with major devotion
to Bach and Mozart.  That's 99%.  The other 1% allows for things like Rogers
& Hart, Noel Coward, the Beatles, jazz, gamelan, Andean, Enya, Willie
Nelson.  Eclectic, no?  Some rock is worth a listen once or twice a year,
but no rap. I don't need any more hearing loss.


D Tse <exponent@...>
Dan Jones <feuchard@...>poofs and yanks