Poll by Email No. 19
|From:||Peter Clark <peter-clark@...>|
|Date:||Sunday, July 14, 2002, 14:31|
This week's Poll is brought to you by Daniel Andreasson, who wrote in
response to the last poll: "Oh, how boring I must seem. A in the last poll
and A in this. Couldn't you make a poll next week in which I'm the single H
or something. :) Perhaps a poll on a posteriori languages, how many people
have made and what their source language has been." You wish is my command!
My a posteriori conlang is derived from:
A. I only have a priori conlangs!
B. An Indo-European language.
C. An Afro-Asiatic language.
D. A Fino-Urgaic language.
E. An Altaic language.
F. A Sino-Tibetan language.
G. A Tolklang.
H. My name is Daniel Andreasson of Sweden. ;>
For those of you with conlangs that mix language families, you have your
choice of either deciding what category it bests fits in, or Other. Which is
not to say that I won't pound it into another category just out of spite! :)
I'm feeling gracious today, so those of you with multiple a priori conlangs
can vote several times. But don't expect this in the future!
1. Reply to email@example.com with your poll choice. DO NOT POST TO THE
2. If you desire, include a longer response in your email, outlining your
thoughts on the question.
3. By including a long response, you grant permission for your response to be
posted to the mailing list. If for some reason you wish to keep your response
private, please make that clear in the body of your email.
4. I reserve the right to edit your response for space and content. Not all
responses may be published.
5. All poll answers, however, will be accounted for. Hedging answers will be
pounded into the closest category.
6. This is not scientific by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Poll topics welcome.
8. The poll results and a selection of responses will be posted next
Saturday, 20 July, along with a new poll question.