Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Terminology query

From:Christian Köttl <christian.koettl@...>
Date:Saturday, February 25, 2006, 18:30
The theta roles are about parts of a sentence and their relation; I
think Mark asked about derivational morphology, i.e. if someone
carves, he is a carver. I found the expression "agentive nominaliser"
for this, and, to refer to Wikipedia again, there is some info on .



>calling the agent is perfectly respectable; you may wish to look up >theta-roles, if you're not familiar with them. > > > >kit > >On Feb 24, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Mark J. Reed wrote: >>Is there a standard grammatical term for the "doer" form of a verb, >>such as English -er/-or or Spanish -dor? I've been calling it the >>"agentive", which may be perfectly cromulent, but if there's a >>standard term I'd rather use it. >> >>Thanks! >>-- >>Mark J. Reed <markjreed@...>


Kit La Touche <kit@...>
Paul Bennett <paul-bennett@...>