Constructive Linguistics 101: Artlang
|From:||Sai Emrys <sai@...>|
|Date:||Wednesday, October 4, 2006, 8:06|
This is for the artlang in the _Constructive Linguistics 101_ book.
The purpose of this language is:
* to show a naturalistic approach to conlanging
* to show a clear and approachable aesthetic
* to integrate concultural considerations
* to not be a calque of English or Quenya :P
On the meta level, this language needs to:
* have a clear story to be told, from conception to fruition
* have a clear development cycle to be explored in the textbook
* demonstrate revisions and updates over time, but in a way that still
emphasizes a coherent storyline
If you want to participate, ping me and I'll send you an invite.