Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Cyrillic block/cyrillic cursive Re: OT More pens (was Re: Phoneme winnowing continues)

From:Isaac Penzev <isaacp@...>
Date:Wednesday, June 11, 2003, 7:03
Markus Miekk-oja ikrí:

> >This is not true. Cyrillic block letters may be used for handwriting, and > >nowadays are in fact more and more *required* for filling forms (blanks). > > Do you use a fully block-print-letter style, with T-shaped T-s, or do you > use "blockified cursive" - an m-shaped letter for small "t", etc.?
While filling official forms, I use block-print. While writing a telegram or an book order in a library, I use a kind of "blockified cursive", or, bettersay, a variant of "designers' script" used in technical drawings et sim. Unfortunately, technical drawing is not taught in schools any more. That's my personal approach, and I don't know about the others. ~~~~~~Yitzik~~~~~~