Workshops Review No.6 '04
|From:||Isaac Penzev <isaacp@...>|
|Date:||Thursday, February 12, 2004, 22:24|
REVIEW #6 Year 2004, the week from Feb 05 to Feb 11, GMT+02.
NOTE: The names of [persons] while mentioned first, are given in
square brackets, those of ~conlangs~ -- in tildes.
- 1 msg: a new poll. What non-IE langs you're most familiar with?
- 8 msg. The origin of the "free-standing" conjunctions. A new guy
on board - best advices for a novice.
East Asian Conlangs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eastasianconlangs
- [Habarakhe] needs Chinese names for USA West Coast places (a
concultural issue). How to indicate tones in Cantonese?
- 3 msg. Two new guys on board.
Deadly silent. Hey, [Bernard], what about your ~Adzhatian~, a sister
lang of Hattic?
- 72 msg.
Irregular and '-utus' participles in romlangs. Were there cases in
Vulgar Latin? Learning some IPA would not hurt. Isn't 1 sn. pres. of
"to be born" weird? Is English a Romance language? What is the sound
of _eu_ in French _heure_? "Regular" nominative for 'Jovis'.
Projects under discussion:
~Dar-al-mar~ and ~T.A.V.~ [Babnol Rodlox].
- 11 msg. How [l] can turn into [z\]? Do medial Yers disappear
without a trace? Palatalization in consonant clusters.
- 1 msg. A new guy says "hi".
West Asian Conlangs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/westasianconlangs
- 6 msg. Origin of the Semitic Alphabet. IPA values for Turkish.
That's all for now,
Peace and grace upon you all,
-- Isaac Penzev (aka Yitzik)
If you want to advertize any useful link related to conlanging, send
it to me privately to email@example.com, (delete &) and I'll place it
I'm also reachable in this List (provisionaly I'm in a Digest mode)
and in any of the workshops listed above.