Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: OT: Very Important (For People in Germany)

From:Almaran Dungeonmaster <dungeonmaster@...>
Date:Monday, February 25, 2002, 9:27
J Y S Czhang wrote:
> Besides I have dual citizenship (British and American). > Anyone know where/how can I get one of those "World > Citizenship" thingies
British, well, then you are a EU citizen. Although Britain did not sign the original Schengen Treaty, with the incorporation of that treaty into EU law by virtue of the Treaty of Amsterdam (May 1st, 1999), it came to apply to British citizens as well. Although Great Britain does not participate in the "abolishment of internal borders", it is still part to the complementary parts of the Schengen Treaty. So you are allowed entry without a visa, a stay for up to three months, and automatic residency permit after that. Welcome to The Netherlands! Maarten