Re: Weekly Vocab 11
|From:||John L. Leland <countsirjehan@...>|
|Date:||Tuesday, June 17, 2003, 4:11|
1. Where might I finda good restaurant?
Helehana-me seba gi gobasa *zecho-hi?
Where-in I sweet/edible restaurant find-query
2. What sort of food would I find there?
Vena-me seba ga-ye heleha*zecho-hi?
There-in I food-of what find-query?
3. Do you knowwhat you would like to order?
Feba tuvaro (or *dovaro)-gi-ki levajo-hi
You order-to-want understand-query
4. I almost lost my appetite when I saw the platter heaped with pig
Seba *higifa-ye *meneha-fe-je tifebo-si nigaja cho-mi-wa-me seba-ye gagiva
I pig-pl.-of intestine-pl.-by heaped platter see-ing-time-in me-of appetitite
5. I ordered a plain salad with water.
Seba *heju-si *galiga ma-fe wituvaro (or widovaro)
I notskillfully-made greenfood water-with ordered.
6. Thewaiter lokedat me disdainfully.
*Ganiba seba-de tu wicho.
Foodservant me-to lordly looked/saw.
7. He brought me what I asked for, though the servings were small.
Veba seba-de seba ha tuvaro-mi, sepe *gadiha-fe fugedi.
He me-to I thing asking, but servings (foodportions) very small.
8. Since I am still hungry,perhaps I'll go to anotherrestaurant.
Seve seba gopu, jehe seba *rese gobasa-de vejo-vi.
This-beyond hungry. perhaps I other restaurant-to go-will.
9. On the way, I belched loudly.
Vejo-mi-wa-me, seba fugehlu *wigoro.
Going-time-in I very loudly belched (ate/blew air)
10. Several peoplestared oddly at me.
Dufe baka-fe seba-de hu wibucho.
Some people me-to clumsily stared.