Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Spelling Changes in English and how to do it.

From:Padraic Brown <pbrown@...>
Date:Wednesday, December 1, 1999, 1:12
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Charles wrote:

>abrigon wrote: > >> Well, one way to do it is to have the Dictionary companies support it. >> After all that is how Ben Franklin did it back in c.1780 >> If anything have the "spelling changes"as ALTERNATE spelling of words, >> and then get the computer software people to support it, especially >> those who do wordprocessors.. > >There is already some kind of word-processor add-on >that allows inputting words in Dutton Speedwords ... >e.g., "l " expands to "the " and so forth. Then there's
Word Perfect allows this kind of thing as well. Of course, you have to enter all the information yourself, i.e., the desired abbreviation and the resulting expanded form. Padraic.