Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Nouns for things that occur in pairs

From:Eric Christopherson <rakko@...>
Date:Saturday, May 24, 2008, 21:19
I remember reading somewhere that some languages have a special
marking for nouns for things that normally occur in pairs. What do
you call this phenomenon? Is it an example of grammatical number (and
if so, what is that number called?) And does anyone how those
markings evolved?


Vladimir Vysotsky <trivee@...>