Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Nouns for things that occur in pairs

Date:Saturday, May 24, 2008, 22:44
In a message dated 5/24/2008 17:22:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
rakko@CHARTER.NET writes:

> I remember reading somewhere that some languages have a special > marking for nouns for things that normally occur in pairs. What do > you call this phenomenon? Is it an example of grammatical number (and > if so, what is that number called?) And does anyone how those > markings evolved? >
"Dual number". No idea. stevo </HTML>


Eric Christopherson <rakko@...>