Re: OT: Ruminations on managing the volume of this list
|From:||Amanda Babcock <ababcock@...>|
|Date:||Monday, January 5, 2004, 22:31|
On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:20:50AM -0800, Gary Shannon wrote:
> Here's the solution I've come up with. I've created
> separate text files to contain the threads I'm
> interested in archiving.
Or you can just use a threading mailreader. My (text-only)
mailreader, mutt, displays the following when I view this
thread in the index:
* 1153 Jan 02 Thomas Leigh ( 2.7K) Cushitic, South Semitic etc.
* 1154 Jan 03 Gary Shannon ( 0.5K) |->Ruminations on managing the volum
* 1155 Jan 03 Carsten Becker ( 1.3K) | `*>
* 1156 Jan 03 Gary Shannon ( 1.8K) `->How much data in your conlang nou
* 1157 Jan 04 Rik Roots ( 3.4K) |->
* 1158 Jan 04 Muke Tever ( 1.6K) `->
Note that, by replying to an unrelated message to start a
new thread, you have actually embedded two new threads
within an existing one. This is because your References:
or In-Reply-To: headers will quote the Message-ID from
the Message-ID: header of the message you're replying to.