Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

THEORY : reverse clitization

From:Andreas Johansson <andjo@...>
Date:Saturday, August 23, 2003, 15:43
Just a terminological question that came up when thinking about the English
and Swedish genitives:

When a particle becomes a clitic, we speak of "clitization". Would the word
also apply to an affix semidetaching to become a clitic (as these genitive
markers have done), or is there another term for that?

While at it, are there terms for a clitic fully detaching to become an
independent word, or attaching fully to become an affix?



Thomas R. Wier <trwier@...>