Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Nouns for things that occur in pairs

From:caeruleancentaur <caeruleancentaur@...>
Date:Monday, May 26, 2008, 14:43
>MorphemeAddict@... wrote:
>Given these contexts, it looks like it's essentially equivalent >to "one", and would be used anywhere where the "one" refers to either >one of a pair. Is that right? Also, using "gaqtos" would imply that >the one thing is one of a pair, so if you say you're looking for a >gaqtos (is it used with the article?), and somebody else doesn't know >what you're looking for, at least he'll know that there's another it >goes with or is like it.
Thank you to you and René. Your suggestions are a help. No articles in Senjecas. Charlie