Theiling Online    Sitemap    Conlang Mailing List HQ   

Re: Need to know a linguistic term

From:Nik Taylor <fortytwo@...>
Date:Thursday, January 31, 2002, 4:10
Ian Maxwell wrote:
> > I meant two of the same letter. I ask because my conlang is going to have > rules regarding having two of the same letter in a row, in order to *avoid* > gemination.
The only thing I could think of would be "doubling" or perhaps "orthographic doubling" to specify that you're talking about letters rather than something else being doubled. -- "There's no such thing as 'cool'. Everyone's just a big dork or nerd, you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." - overheard ICQ: 18656696 AIM Screen-Name: NikTaylor42